Hey friends, I had been thinking of you this week and realize we have not had a new piece in our ‘marriage’ category for some time. I saw this piece that a dear friend of mine, Mrs. Jones had posted on social media. The post was so good, I just had to share (via Mrs. Jones):
Celebrating my wedding anniversary today and got me pondering on what’s important.
(This is for the ladies. I’m not qualified to tell a man what to do. After all my experience is as a woman)
– Work on yourself more than on your spouse.
– don’t pretend all is well when it isn’t. Have the courage to have the hard conversations and do what it takes to solve the issues.
– Yeah it’s nice to see the PDA on social media but where it matters most is at home. So master being mushy in private first. A relationship with no intimacy, connection etc. won’t be strong enough to handle the storms. You’re only deceiving yourself. The rest of us can see right though the act. That negativity releases a vibe that can be felt miles away.
– Regardless of the short comings speak life to each other. See past the flaws and see the greatness in each other.
– We all hate nagging. It’s like nails on a chalk board. Just don’t.
– Don’t be quick to call it quits over petty stuff like dirty socks on the floor, forgot anniversary, tube of toothpaste etc. None of those things are vital to existence. Annoying? Yes but worth a week of fighting and years of misery? No.
– Learn to forgive. It’s two imperfect people coming together. There will be some messing up. So let it go!
– Give each other space to grow and go after each own dreams. Hey we moved out our parents home cause we didn’t like being told what to do. Get the hint? ;D just in case (stop being his mom be his wife).
– Our happiness depends solely on our mindset not our spouse. We have to learn to be happy regardless of what happens. No one wants to be with someone who’s needy and draining. Putting those expectations on a spouse is like pulling an elephant on a wagon up hill with the breaks on. It sucks!
Marriage isn’t supposed to be perfect. It’s meant to be worth it. Love covers imperfection and gives grace for each to be them selves. When we all have that freedom we can be our best in any situation. Plus hey, you’ll discover that your spouse is 100 times more awesome than you gave them credit for.
Picking up from where we left off last blog post (for those that have not read the previous post, please be sure to go back and read so that you may follow along)…let me tell you a little something about worry. Worry is another word for Anxiety. Anxiety is excessive concern in something that brings on an emotional state. It can also come in the form of reasoning or continuously defending, justifying actions. Reasoning can be always trying to figure out something, always wanting to fix personal situations of self or others. When we operate in these things it can bring on confusion. When we are confused, we can experience a loss of clarity which in turn makes us vulnerable and highly susceptible to manipulation and deception.
Need a reality check of what too much work can do….
Too many hours at work and feeling that there is never enough hours leads to anxiety and stress. Stress leads to burn out. Burn out leads to nervous break downs, heart problems, strokes, heart attacks, self-loathing, resentment, rejection, bitterness, an unloving feeling towards self and others, perfectionism, idolatry, etc. Chemically speaking, your hormones can become improperly balanced. The chemicals that make you happy and calm such as Melatonin and Serotonin go down as Cortisol increases and causes negative emotions and reactions to things that would not otherwise normally bother nor effect you in such a way.
Hey there friends it’s really good to connect with you!
There is something deep in my heart that I have been wanting to share. Yes, it is faith related and if that is not your cup of tea, truly we understand that here at Tara Cherie and ask that you respect our stance and belief.
Recently, I have been seeing many posts pertaining as to whether or not to vaccinate or not vaccinate. Whether we should eat food with GMOs and is this the main cause of health problems. I have been reading about this battle of whether to home school or not, whether to buy a home or not. The point being, it seems like everyone has a stance or an opinion and that in itself is fine, but nothing beats the revelation of truth through prayer.