Last post we were talking about the desires of your heart and that there is a reason for them being there. We covered the first thing you should know about that and here is the second half to that….
Secondly, it’s not necessarily about who you know or measurable your credentials are! There are plenty of people out there with credentials and degrees that they are not using for their intensive purposes that school was supposed to prepare them for! There are also plenty of people who have knowledge and skill in certain areas, but their people skill and their willingness to remain teachable is lacking.
Hey friends, I had been thinking of you this week and realize we have not had a new piece in our ‘marriage’ category for some time. I saw this piece that a dear friend of mine, Mrs. Jones had posted on social media. The post was so good, I just had to share (via Mrs. Jones):
Celebrating my wedding anniversary today and got me pondering on what’s important.
(This is for the ladies. I’m not qualified to tell a man what to do. After all my experience is as a woman)
– Work on yourself more than on your spouse.
– don’t pretend all is well when it isn’t. Have the courage to have the hard conversations and do what it takes to solve the issues.
– Yeah it’s nice to see the PDA on social media but where it matters most is at home. So master being mushy in private first. A relationship with no intimacy, connection etc. won’t be strong enough to handle the storms. You’re only deceiving yourself. The rest of us can see right though the act. That negativity releases a vibe that can be felt miles away.
– Regardless of the short comings speak life to each other. See past the flaws and see the greatness in each other.
– We all hate nagging. It’s like nails on a chalk board. Just don’t.
– Don’t be quick to call it quits over petty stuff like dirty socks on the floor, forgot anniversary, tube of toothpaste etc. None of those things are vital to existence. Annoying? Yes but worth a week of fighting and years of misery? No.
– Learn to forgive. It’s two imperfect people coming together. There will be some messing up. So let it go!
– Give each other space to grow and go after each own dreams. Hey we moved out our parents home cause we didn’t like being told what to do. Get the hint? ;D just in case (stop being his mom be his wife).
– Our happiness depends solely on our mindset not our spouse. We have to learn to be happy regardless of what happens. No one wants to be with someone who’s needy and draining. Putting those expectations on a spouse is like pulling an elephant on a wagon up hill with the breaks on. It sucks!
Marriage isn’t supposed to be perfect. It’s meant to be worth it. Love covers imperfection and gives grace for each to be them selves. When we all have that freedom we can be our best in any situation. Plus hey, you’ll discover that your spouse is 100 times more awesome than you gave them credit for.
Hey friends, earlier in the week I posted about our daughter’s recent testing for Autism Spectrum and bringing awareness and clarification to this matter. I had mentioned how in this post I would be discussing how Autism Spectrum can be an actual blessing. Believe it or not, Autism can be a blessing! ‘Most’ children and adults that ‘fall’ on the Autism Spectrum are more hypersensitive. Hypersensitivity can be sensitivity that effects their touch, senses, smell, sight, and sensitivity to certain sounds or noises. What this means is that these individuals experiencing hypersensitivity, are ‘tuned in’ at a deeper level, meaning they can sense at a level that is deeper than most individuals. Case in point, whatever the individual naturally excels at, they will excel at it with a deeper level and passion. This individual will actually master their gifts because they are that ‘focused’ on naturally achieving it. It is not because they are ‘obsessing’ about it, it is because this is how they are naturally ‘wired’. These individuals are ‘wired’ for success in what it is their gifts are in a hypersensitive way. Most individuals who are higher functioning for this reason, are seen as unusually talented and intelligent.