The key to serving the Lord in excellence and prospering where you are planted, advancing for the kingdom of God is simple. There are 5 very important areas that must be kept in their proper order. Remember, our Lord is a lord of order and He doesn’t do anything out of order. So in serving him, we must remember His true order and abide in it. The order is this:
1) Keep God FIRST. In every step you take, remember to pray to the Lord asking him for guidance, wisdom, and direction. If you are single, submit yourself completely to the Lord. If you are married, discuss each step in the area you are needing direction and pray to the Lord together, each step of the way. Whether single, married, or with children, honor the Lord by learning his word, making time to listen, to pray, to read, and to apply His word. Be willing to be still and listen or to lend a hand to someone in a troubled time. If you listen He will guide your step in all other areas listed below and He will prosper you where you are at.
2) Second, comes your spouse if married. If single with children, they will come next. If single, then work will come next. Make time for your spouse, they need to be honored, special, and made to feel important. When they get home or you get home, greet them, love on them, and be willing to spend time re-connecting, talking, praying, and loving on one another. It is important to work on your relationship whether married or dating.
3) If you are married or single with children, make sure they are made to feel special, honored, and important. Schedule quality time with your children. Spend time doing what they want to do, not necessarily what you are wanting to get done around home or running errands. Make your activity fun! Do something you don’t normally do together. If it is a normal activity make sure it is something you can enjoy together. Also, make sure from time to time to spend one on one quality time with each child. Children really value that connection and one on one time you have with them. Do not put work first before them; especially after you promised you would spend time with them. Model to them how to keep your promise, they will value, respect, and appreciate you more because you honored them first.
4) Next, comes your work. When you are working, be diligent with the time you are given. When you can be trusted with the little things, you will be made ruler over much more, this includes responsibilities. You were meant to work and to prosper. If you are not giving it your all, then you will reap that. Make sure what you sow in the ground is worth reaping; this includes how you manage time, how you honor your boss, or others that you work with, managing teams of people etc. Do your work in a way that the Lord would be pleased with.
5) Enjoy extra-curricular activities. God designed you to enjoy life and gave you permission to have fun! We all need to rejuvenate every once in awhile or we become worn out in repetitive motion in our everyday lives and aren’t giving life it’s best shot. Things we enjoy doing keep us balanced and passionate about life. Without activities we enjoy, we would lose our zeal and passion. Having fun helps us to lead a higher quality of life and appreciate the goodness that God blesses us with!
If we follow this order and keep Him first, in these areas, we will be blessed beyond measure as mentioned in the book of Malachi and so many other chapters, verses, etc.
God bless you, I believe in you!